After two years of implementation, teachers and kids at Loess Hills would answer with a resounding "YES!"-- and then, they might break into a Frozen tune: "Do you want to code a program?" What does coding bring to a classroom?
- Strategic thinking (DOK Level 3 in mathematics in the Iowa Core)
- Patterns (a cross-cutting concept in Next Generation Science Standards)
- Abstract and quantitative reasoning (a mathematical practice)
- Making sense of problems and persevering in solving them (a mathematical practice)
- 21st Century Skills (just sayin', to the moon and back)
Don't take my word for it: see for yourself!